GREEN PASTURES (LET'S TRY ORGANIC!)


My friend Jeff and I went to the newly opened Shangri-la mall in Edsa to do a bit of window shopping and to eat dinner too.There were a couple of restaurants but Green pastures caught my attention,colorful chairs, wooden exterior and the type of decor lies closer to nature.
I took a peek of the menu to see what type of food they offer and to see if its the food that we want to eat. (to be honest, its a the kind that's unusual for me)and Since I got a bit curious I asked Jeff's approval and he said YES.
Just by hearing its name and looking at it you would get an idea on what this restaurant has to offer. ORGANIC food.

Organic foods are foods that are produced using methods of organic farming----do not involve modern synthetic pesticides and chemical fertilizers.



Menu is a bit confusing but the server (nate) was nice enough to further explain the dishes and even gave us his own recommendations too.I picked the place to try something new, and new it was!!! We stayed outside the main resto and although its a bit jam packed with (sosy) customers, we were immediately offered a comfortable seat by the receptionist.


Here it shows that you can create your own salad(not able to try it though) but I would next time I visit.
Open kitchen style (not sure if the one standing on the right is the chef)


Juice & Salad bar


In all honesty, I haven't tried any organic food ever (as far as Im aware, haha) and I'm not really sure if it really does matter if the food is organic or not (i can eat anything naman kase). 
Does it really taste better than the usual food I eat? hmmmm... We'll see.



Here's what we tried last night:

MELON MINT TEA (BOTTOMLESS) PHP155
Super sarap!.Refreshing and fruity at the same time. I'm a tea person plus it sounded good, that's why I picked it.





JEFF'S:
PINE MORINGA (PINEAPPLE with MALUNGGAY) SMOOTHIE PHP125
After being sick for 3 days(cough & fever), I suggested for him to try this smoothie cause it has malunggay. and as we all know Malunggay is a great source of Vit C that could make your immune system stronger.chos!
Complete package. Refreshing and healthy although he said there's a bit of after taste, still this drink is a must try.



ROAST ORGANIC CHICKEN PHP595 (good for sharing 1-2)
first thing on my mind the moment nate(waiter) served this,How will I know if this roasted chicken is organic?
(dedma) My first ever organic meal. hahaha!!! It was great. I am not really a food critic but this one made me say "hmm,masarap siya noh?"



CRABMEAT URCHIN PASTA PHP525 (good for sharing 1-2)
I was intrigued by the name (hahaha) thats all. Its a combo of crabmeat,squid and alige. Not sure about jeff's but my impression is ----its just OK. No pasabog for me.






Now here comes my much awaited part,DESSERT!!!

RICOTTA CHEESECAKE with LEMON CURD PHP195
I love it even w/out the lemon curd,the cheesecake itself  is a perfect mix.






HAPPY US!!!



We stayed for a while,took our time to eat and we enjoyed it. It was ok but our bill came out to be PHP1737.41 which is a bit pricey for me. Nevertheless, I would still go back to try the other dishes they offer and would invite Vladz to try the salad next time.


GREEN PASTURES
4TH FLOOR SHANGRI-LA PLAZA
EAST WING ORTIGAS CENTER MANDALUYONG CITY

This entry was posted on Sunday, September 8, 2013 and is filed under ,,,,,. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

Labels

About

Popular Posts

Followers

THANKS FOR VIEWING

my instagram

B